Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surviving Tough Life Changes


4/3/2008
A friend emailed me yesterday after receiving our monthly newsletter. She was excited to see that my new self-help e-workbook, Soul Friends Guide to Surviving the Pit: A Workbook for Surviving and Thriving through Tough Life Changes was now available on our website. My friend, Trish, was one of my "soul friends" during the time I went through my divorce...back when I got to know the "pit" up close and personal.
Trish mentioned how she remembered the "pit" days well, but she hadn't had a day like that in a very long time. I realized that I haven't either. Not to say I haven't had some tough times since...that's part of life...but nothing like I experienced back then. Yet, I also realize learning how to get out of the pit brought me the most precious gifts.
If you are in the middle of a major life change...a time when your whole world seems to have completely changed over night...I send you these words of hope. An uncle of mine said at the time I was going through my divorce, that he was happy for me. He said that while he was sorry I was suffering, he also understood that I was being called to go on one of the most amazing and incredible journeys we experience in this lifetime. I was being invited to discover who I was at the deepest level...to meet my soul...to find who I was beyond the roles I'd played.
Eight years later, I can tell you he was absolutely right. While I can't say that was an easy time, I can say that I wouldn't give up what came from it for anything in the world. Journeying home to yourself is the greatest gift, and often the opportunity to do so comes when life seems most bleak.
So if you are in the middle of a life crisis, hang in there. God is calling to you and asking you to come meet your soul in a way that will open your life and bring you joy like you've never experienced. Keep asking for help...watch for signs...and you'll get through.
And remember...your Soul Friends are right there with you!
Take care,
Nancy